Friday, January 29, 2010

28th - 1st Floral - Peony

I found Wetcanvas' Floral / Botanical section. There are some amazing artists there. They, like most of the other groups, have a monthly challenge. The flowers were so beautiful I decided I needed to join them in the fun.


And it was fun! I loved it! I did my initial drawing, and tried something new. I did an underpainting and them went to very thin glazes of color. I am loving this technic and will definately paint this way again.


I am pretty happy with the way the flower turned out too. Although I am sure it is not technically completely correct. It is an atractive flower and has some pretty good depth. So I like it. I'll have to paint some more flowers! I've already started searching Wetcanvas' reference library for the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment