Thursday, September 1, 2011

What's Your Hurry? decisions

I have already posted "What's Your Hurry?" I liked it. Loved it even, but wondered about wheather it was really finished or just I was ready to be done with it. Actually the biggest thing I worried about was weather it should have some warmer colors in it since it is mostly cool colors. So I posted it in the animals forum of WetCanvas (have I mentioned I love this site?).

I only had a few comments. They were generally good with a few exceptions. 2 people suggested working on the shell more, to give it more detail. The only problem with that is the reference photo doesn't have a bunch more detail. Another person suggested I add air bubbles since turtles are air breathers...this sounds like a good idea, but once again the ref doesnt show this, and I really only paint what I see. I can take things away from the photo (and even this is a new triumph for me), but adding is a challenge still. And speaking of taking away...one person suggested removing the fish behind the turtle that intersects with the turtle. Now this fish was bothering me too. I had already removed several fish that were bothering me so removing this one is a good idea in my book.

I started working on it last night, I'm not sure how it will work out. While working on it I had one of those "I suck at painting" moments. I always have this fear that I've already done the best work I'll ever do...that I will mess up the painting I'm doing...so many fears...

A

No comments:

Post a Comment