Friday, August 27, 2010

46- Bo


Bo Schembechler - This is the portrait that just kept going... I have decided I dislike commissions. When I paint something that someone else wants me to paint I don't look forward to painting as much. So with everything else going on in my life, the boyfriend getting diagnosed with recurring renal cell cancer (stage 4), the elderly couple I take care of from my church both going into the hospital (mulitple tiems), My youngest son graduating, my mom passing away, my youngest son going to college...it has been a long 6 months. To be honest, I didn't start the commission right away. Didnt start it in December when asked. Actually started it around June (I know bad huh?) But things just kept happening so I kept putting off starting it...

I think he turned out ok. He is large (2' x 3'). The largest painting I've done to date. The gentleman it's for is very happy as is, so I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment