Sunday, March 21, 2010

33- plein air


Yesterday was the first painting day for the plein air group. It was a great day! Sun was shinning and it was warm! Ah! Warmth! I truly believe it is under-rated.

I live in Hancock County and we always paint items of interest from our county. This year we decided to focus on interesting subjects on highway 40 which runs right thought it.

We then decided to start our year right in the town were the plein air group is centered, the city of Greenfield. It is a beautiful old town. Many very cool old buildings and houses.

While the group was looking around and deciding what to paint, I was standing next to the local humane society. The cats are allowed to run around loose and several were laying around in windows and in front of the door. I couldn't resist! I had to paint it.

Unfortunately, we only paint from 9am to 12 pm and we talked and tried to decide where to paint for so long that I never got set up until about 10:30. I only got about an hour and 1/2 of painting in but I really love the painting... Love it so much, I'll do more cats in windows and doors and such!

oil on canvas, 11" x 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment